Your’e invited! I am presenting a series of webinars for The National Volunteer Resource Center for Engaging Volunteers in the Aging Network. The first -- Making the Case for Volunteers: Convincing Leadership They’re More Than Worth the Effort -- is is this Monday, April 9 from 2-3pm EST. All my blog readers (and their friends) are invited to participate ... and it’s free! Hurray!!
Join us and learn new ways to make your fantastic volunteer program even better!
Register by clicking here.
Making the Case for Volunteers:
Convincing Leadership They’re More Than Worth the Effort
Monday, April 9 from 2-3pm EST
Register for FREE here.
As most leaders of volunteers know, community volunteers help extend the work of paid staff, but they are more than just another pair of helping hands. A vibrant volunteer team can boost your mission capacity, connect with community, increase your credibility, and enhance your network of resources in ways paid staff can only dream of. Volunteering is powerful stuff! So why don’t your colleagues and leadership get it? What can you do to garner the support you need inside your organization?
In this webinar, we’ll help pinpoint what’s getting in your way and how to craft key messages that will inspire your colleagues to take another look at what volunteers have to offer. We’ll help you calculate the return on investment your program generates for your organization in concrete dollars and cents. Finally, we’ll identify the internal partners critical to your success and give you suggestions on how to better align with them.
Who it’s for:
- Existing volunteer program staff who want to improve lackluster support for their program from the inside out
- New volunteer coordinators who want to get started off on the right foot
- Volunteer managers who want to further enhance their strategic alliances with other departments in their organization
- Organizations who want to calculate the true return on investment of their volunteer programs
What you’ll get:
- Volunteer Program Return on Investment Calculator (excel spreadsheet)
- Messaging Platform and Sample Internal Messages
- Handout of the Slides
What you’ll learn:
- What's at stake for volunteer organizations
- Volunteering risks and rewards: What you need to plan for
- How to leverage resources from partnerships within your organization
- How to calculate the return on investment for volunteer program
This is Part I of a three-part series “The New Human Capital: Mobilizing the Power and Potential of Today’s Skilled Volunteers" sponsored by The National Volunteer Resource Center for Engaging Volunteers in the Aging Network, a project of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (N4A).
Register for the webinar for FREE here. And, feel free to share.
For more about The National Volunteer Resource Center for Engaging Volunteers in the Aging Network, check out the Aging Network Volunteers web page here.